Friday, December 26, 2008

.Yes, yes it is.

It's A Wonderful Life



Some of my favorite quotes from the movie:


George Bailey: I wish I had a million dollars. Hot dog!

Little Mary
: Is this the ear you can't hear on? [whispering in his bad ear]
Little Mary: George Bailey, I'll love you 'til the day I die.

George Bailey: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.
Mary: I'll take it. Then what?
George Bailey: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?

Clarence: You've been given a great gift, George: A chance to see what the world would be like without you.

Clarence: You see George, you've really had a wonderful life. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away?

Clarence: Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?
[George has discovered his brother Harry's tombstone]


Clarence: [explaining] Your brother, Harry Bailey, broke through the ice and was drowned at the age of nine.
George Bailey: That's a lie! Harry Bailey went to war - he got the Congressional Medal of Honor, he saved the lives of every man on that transport.
Clarence: Every man on that transport died! Harry wasn't there to save them, because you weren't there to save Harry.

Harry Bailey: A toast to my big brother George: The richest man in town.
____

Alright. After watching this movie for the first time ever, I have to say that it was absolutely incredible. I feel slightly ashamed that I waited so long to watch it, and that might be because I was missing out on one of the greatest movies ever made. I'm in the process of changing the way I think and feel about this life, and this movie definately helped that. You don't have to be rich and famous and powerful to be happy. You just have to see the life in front of you for what it is, and do what you can with it. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment